Sunday 8 October 2017

saturday night

Hmmm, what have we become. It is a Saturday night, 8.45pm. I am laying on the couch with Winnie sprawled on top of me. She is snoozy and cuddly, she really could be in her bed while Johanna is in the shower but I can't resist. She nuzzles her head into my neck, her little tail wags and her heart beats fast. Her breathing slows, she tries to get closer, her eyes become glazed and gently close. She must dream sometimes because her breathing changes, she twitches and makes funny little noises. Eventually, gently rhythmic snores are right near my ear. On the other couch lies Colin reading, the book slowly lowers to his chest and his head nods forward. Eventually, not so gentle rhythmic snores, thankfully not right near my ear. Johanna walks into the lounge, "Are you guys asleep, you have got to be joking it's not even nine o'clock, get with it!"

Life at the moment is very puppy centered, a lot of work for a little while. The reward is loving devotion. Who else will greet you like this when you come home from work.





For those so inclined you can check out the winnstagram


No comments:

Post a Comment